- Ensure the interests of the industry are considered before the implementation of public policies. Issues of concern include the independence of the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance, competition law and policyholder protection fund.
- Promote insurance solutions to social, public and commercial problems, such as healthcare financing.
- Explore business opportunities in Hong Kong and the Mainland, including lowering the entry requirements for insurers operating in Mainland China.
- Advocate a tax deduction for insurance premiums.
- Promote a better understanding of the insurance industry, its professionalism as well as its contribution to society.
- Encourage insurance practitioners to enhance their sales practices and comply with the codes of conduct.
- Develop sales and technical skills in the industry to international standards.
- Encourage measures to reduce pollution in Hong Kong and Mainland China.
- Promote physical exercise to build a healthy community.
- Advocate a Government subsidy for medical check-ups to encourage early diagnosis and treatment and reduce subsequent medical expenditures.
- Address the interests of the middle class, especially healthcare, education and recreation.
- Help low-income earners enhance their skills, increase their competitiveness and join the middle class.